Wednesday 30 July 2014

A day of firsts!

The keys are ours! Yaaaaayyyy!


While removalist trucks and commotion were at Hill Shadow House moving the former residents today, Katie and I took our gumboots and bucket and headed off up the paddock to the citrus grove to pick our first Hill Shadow produce! 


The trees are laiden with fruit. There's smooth Meyer lemons, and bumpy strange common lemons. We've been told there's limes and grapefruit, though I didn't see any. Katie and I picked and picked and soon the sweet tangy smell of lemon was in the air. 



Lemon tree hideout! Perfect cubby! 


Good boots are essential Hill Shadow Farm wear! 
There is mud EVERYWHERE at the moment, as the animals have churned up the well-worn tracks and the cold rain has turned it to slop. 
Ah well - it's only good clean farm dirt!


Now, I'm off to make lemon curd with my first Hill Shadow harvest! 

What's growing at your place? 

No comments:

Post a Comment